Monday, February 8, 2010

RepRap

So I am resurrecting my failed attempt at blogging for blogging's sake and jumping on the RepRap Bandwagon. The funny thing is I didn't know the bandwagon had gotten so big until I found that there is a waiting list on almost every component site especially makerbot. I believe this new awesome interest in the DIY rapid prototyping is most likey due to the wired Makerbot article.
So were does this leave me Well to start I have an inventory of various things microcontrolers, a ton so surface mount parts for a reprap mother board that may ship in a week or two hopefully. a variety of stepper motors, the internet, a 25% finished CNC lathe with hobby CNC controls, EMC2, a tiny workshop, good ole american ingenuity , and a material science engineering background.
Wish me luck and persistance.

No comments: