Tuesday, February 9, 2010

X-Axis loose fitting and assembly on the 2'x4' CNC router gantry shown in the picture. This is the bigboy I resurrected out of storage.  I don't really have a place to run this as my workshop is in the basement and space is a premium but I may just bring it into work (we have a couple thousand square feet of workspace) and run it there.  I am hoping to run this as my first repstrap and then just as a CNC router as I have all the parts for completion on this setup.  I am currently using HobbyCNC board and EMC2 to run the NEMA 23 302oz-in steppers that will move this guy.  I will have to do a little interfacing between the reprap motherboard and the Hobby CNC to run this setup as a repstrap.  The plans for the gantry setup are from buildyourownCNC.com
From The Jabberwocky and the Jubjub Bird

No comments: